Diahan was gone and the boys wanted to play a video game. Normally, this is a no brainer when I'm home - except there was something different about today.
Next thing I knew I was taking off the training wheels while telling Jack that today was a special day. Today he was going to learn to ride a bike. And Jack said OK.
Training wheels off, seat adjusted, helmet and pads on - we were set.
5 minutes later he was circling the cul-de-sac. He was ready.
Neighbors came out and cheered him on. His friends rode with him in stride. We all went inside and had a celebratory hot chocolate with marshmallows (it's 100 degrees outside - but that's what he wanted).
Now we waited for Diahan to come home.
I told him not to tell Diahan that he could ride his bike, rather to say that he had a surprise for her. He played it beautifully. He was so proud and his smile went on for miles.
What a guy.
7 comments:
Way to go Jack! From training wheels to a hundred miles an hour!!! Supercalifragileisticexpialidosious
(I think)
Nona & Papa
For all the fuss and fight he put up with training wheels, he rides awesome! Stops, starts, driveways. AWESOME! And that song is perfect! Who sings it?
You got a Honda Pilot? I love those!
That is the cutest video I have ever seen. I can't wait until Max can ride away, er, wait, no, I'm not ready for that...
Awesome! Way to go Jack!
Love you guys!
The Fletchers
Now THAT the AWESOMEST!
I'd nominate this one for blog of the year. I laughed, I cried (?, I know, but I did), I hit replay. That Jack is one great cyclist and Diahan screaming in the background was priceless.
Post a Comment