Monday, July 21, 2008

Karin's Jazzy Birthday

I love birthdays. Hands down the very best holiday of the year. I not only love my birthday, but I love other people's birthday. Not just because I think cake should be a food group, but because I love to have a reason to do something fun and special for people I love. One of those people is my dear friend and neighbor Karin Brown. A couple weeks before her birthday, Karin was "tagged" by a friend and she blogged about 8 things that fit in various categories (things she is passionate about, books she has read, etc.) One of those eights was "8 Things I want to do before I die." While I couldn't help with most of them (#7. Sit as a family, together, all of us, in the same pew, shoulder to shoulder, in Sacrament meeting for a year (at least!)), I thought I could tackle number four:

Dance On Stage Again

Now, lucky for her, I just happen to know another neighbor, Annette Jones, who is herself an accomplished dancer and teacher of dance. So, I rounded up the gals and borrowed the church gym for a couple hours of pure dancing fun. Very unfortunately, the only ones around to document our prowess were under the age of 10. This resulted in some hilarious commentary from Karin's daughter and some less-than-Hollywood-quality video recording. We apologize deeply to Annette that she is a mere arm or leg in this whole thing. But perhaps it was a blessing in disguise as it is bad enough for the rest of us to have Karin in the scene, with Annette we likely would have looked positively hopeless. However, next time, and there will be a next time, we are going to plan ahead and be sure all are equally represented in the filming.

So, without further ado, here we are! From left to right: Tina Smith, Tracy Bradshaw, Karin Brown, Diahan Southard, and Annette Jones.

We taped it twice and the overall filming of the first take was better, but I had to add Karin's huge bow at the end of the second take as it is worth watching again, and again, and again.


5 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

Leave it to Diahan to actually make a dream come true. Are we hopeless, helpless housewives or what? That was such a party! Diahan, my dear, you are a blessed angel in my life. I love love love you!

Nona & Papa said...

Way to go ladies! I loved it!!!

Keliki said...

Awesome!! (turning a little green with envy)

Jayne said...

Diahan, I don't know if I know anyone that lives life more fully than you. I'm inspired. Thanks:)

Drama Momma said...

Karin is family. May I just say thank you for that great post and video, brought a great smile to my face!!!!!!!!!!

I am inspired and may I say waht a great bunch of healthy Moms, you are all so beautiful!