Sunday, April 10, 2011

April Fooling

Now the real reason for the sudden onset in posting comes out.

April Fool's Day.

Last year, if you will recall, I made meatloaf cupcakes and ice cream mash potatoes for dinner-met with mixed reviews.

This year, while I had researched some ideas, the actual day snuck up on me. I fact, as late as 11 AM I was congratulating my neighbor on her strike early method of April Fool's. She hid leftover Halloween spiders in her children's morning Orange Julius.
But I was still without an idea. Without an idea, without any specific supplies (our Halloween spiders were long since thrown in the trash), and really without time. I needed something fast and easy.

Good thing I have Jared.

Between him and the Internet, we had a plan.

Set Up
Step one: Identify all of the elements of dinner. Fork, noodles, napkin, roll, pasta sauce, etc.




Step two: Type up said list and print one copy per person. Cut into strips. Place strips in cup.




To Play
Round One: Each individual takes three strips from their cup. Those are the elements he/she gets to use during the first round. So maybe you get a napkin, some noodles, and water.




Round Two: Once you a done consuming your consumables you get to choose one thing to take with you into round two. Then you draw three more things out of your cup.

Keep playing until all of your papers have been used.




This was a blast. The kids loved it, we loved it.

Some of my favorite combinations:

Jack eating strawberry jelly with chopsticks.



Henry drinking his noodles from a cup.



Eleanor.



I think this will be a fun family night we will pull out every so often, just to mix things up a bit.

As if the night could get any better, we watched a movie, and made treats. That post coming soon.





-by Diahan

1 comment:

Brownie Bites said...

I'm so glad you're posting again. The pictures are great. I do recall having a similar dinner with you when Eleanor was still in your belly. Good times