Thursday, September 8, 2011

Take Me Out

There are few sports I enjoy watching more in person than baseball. Perhaps it is a nod to my childhood as I think I spent the better part of 18 summers at the baseball park. But whatever it is, as soon as we arrived for Jack's first game, I was giddy.

We tried baseball when he was in Kindergarten. They played on a make-shift field that also hosts football in the fall and soccer in the spring. It was only tee ball, where everyone bats and the most exciting thing that happens is when one of the kids runs backwards around the bases.

But this...this was much more like the real thing.

There was, after all, real dirt. This was the machine pitch league. There were three outs. His coach had them running home on over-thrown balls. It was great.

Jack had a good time, he got several great hits, enjoyed playing first base and pitcher the most.

All that l love of baseball, and this is still my favorite picture of the season:

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

That is an excellent picture.