Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Washington

The kids LOVE Nona and Papa’s house.  My mom set up the pool, a constant attraction for all the kids, especially Eleanor, who more often than not was in her clothes, or no clothes.  Here are a few pictures where she actually managed to get a swimming suit on.

IMG_2007

IMG_2014IMG_2029 

We played baseball and soccer and other such things in the yard.

IMG_2036

We went to visit friends.  Old friends truly are irreplaceable.  This is Jack and Henry in Adam and Alex’s pool.  They LOVED it.  They begged me to take them back to play with those boys.  So, I did.

IMG_1933

Eleanor at Sarah’s house.

IMG_1924

This is Miles.  Could you ever get enough of this kid?

IMG_1928

But, what I very unfortunately don’t have pictures of is what I did with the bulk of my time in Washington. 

I painted.  My mom, Denise and I painted the dining room, living room, and bedroom in my grandmother’s house.  It was quite a project considering no one had even so much as removed the pictures from the walls in 25 years.

But, we did it (or rather, they did most of it while I was doing these other things), and gram loves it. 

Three cheers for Papa who was on babysitting duty all week!

Oh how I love my family.  How I wish we lived closer.

No comments: