Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heading North

Soon after the 4th of July, loaded to the gills with three kids, a dog, and the dual screen DVD player, we headed north.

After a mere five hours we pulled into Mountain Home, Idaho and stayed with Alissa and Randy.  Even though we arrived in the late evening, we stayed out in the backyard playing on their play set and jumping on the trampoline until dark. 

In the morning we headed out to explore Idaho. 

First stop:  The Gator Pond.  Unfortunately, it was hot, and the gators were snoozing in the shade of the trees that obstructed our view.  But I did see this:

IMG_1918 Henry and cousin Samuel

Here we all are (except Jared who is taking the picture).

IMG_1922

After the gators we went in search of some hot springs that innovative entrepreneurs had turned into a swimming pool.  I had planned on taking pictures of the kids going down the big slide, and Jack jumping off the diving board, but honestly, I didn’t even have a second.  Every bit of my energy was consumed trying to keep fearless Eleanor from drowning.

She had no fear.

And no idea what would actually happen if she jumped in the water without me to catch her.  But she tried.  And tried.  And tried again.

She would get out and run along the edge of the pool, then with one wild look at me struggling to keep up, she would plummet into the pool.

IMG_1433

I was the one forcing everyone out of the pool.  Time to go I said.  I was too stressed out.

No comments: