I love Washington. Not simply because I grew up here and my family is here. Not just because it is actually possible to run into an old and dear friend at the store (for those of you who care, I saw Sam Grubbs!!!). Not just because it is familiar and comfortable. But largely because it truly is beautiful here in the summer. True, I was worried a bit the first couple days of barley sixty degree weather. But yesterday and today were true Washington summer days. Just perfect temperatures.The boys have been having a blast. Yesterday we went down to the ball park and hit balls off the tee, some pitched balls, and ran around the bases. We kept enforcing the must touch every base rule, and this was Henry's interpretation. Jack is a fabulous hitter and often hits it over our fence at our house, which of course, is a home run. So, once we got past the fact that he wasn't likely to hit it over this fence, we had a great time.
Then it was down to Borest Park to play on the toys and then throw rocks in the lake.
Today we took a picnic out to the Cowlitz Falls Dam area and went fishing. Jared and I don't fish and Jack has been begging to go for years. So, Papa took him out. At first I thought it was extremely unfortunate that we didn't catch anything, but now I am thinking that perhaps now he will stop pestering us to go all the time... Poor Henry just needed a nap, and then he got sunscreen in his eyes, and an owie on his knee- no, forgive me, TWO owies, and was just a general mess the entire time. And, you guessed it, Eleanor slept.






In case any of you were thinking that Jared is taking a needed break from wife and children, (look at the abuse he takes) he really does the same things when we are home, as this is evidence of.

2 comments:
Very nice! I was supposed to be in Seattle next week for work but had to reschedule the trip.
Before I forget, "thanks" for letting Jared come over to
pong-it-up
Looks like you had a fabulous time! Loved Jared's pics from last trip, the 3 times I've been to Washington that pretty much summed it up for me too, although there might have been a few hours in there of the blaring sun. Your kids are dolls! See ya.
Post a Comment