I just love that first picture (read Diahan's post below first). Jack looks overwhelmed, Henry's head is coming out of nowhere, and Eleanor is hoping that Henry comes no closer.
*****
There's something screwy about those photos, however. I can't quite put my finger on it. Oh, wait . . . sunlight! I'm sure the locals had no idea what it was. Did they run and hide? Could it have been some bitter celestial god expecting a human sacrifice, or more importantly, coffee beans?
Imagine the stories they can now tell their grandchildren - they survived the fiery light in the sky. It was a generous light, to be sure. For they were each left with a reddening of the skin as a reminder to never disappoint the burning orb again.
The rain god was never so "heated."
*****
Incidentally, I have my own photographs of our last Washington trip - just so people know what is normal.
This was from our trip to Mount St. Helens
This is at the beach (nice catch!)
Hopscotch at around noon
Diahan and I smooching (so embarrassing)
and a beautiful sunrise (I am a sucker for Mother Nature)
And no, the lens cap wasn't on.
5 comments:
Yeah all I can see are a group of black pictures; I'm sure you meant well. No matter. I can always read your boring comments about anything.
They're supposed to be black. That's the joke.
Ah HAH! Man I feel like a confused orangutan sometimes!
too funny...love the smooching one! thanks for enlightening us of true WA weather, Diahan had us going, man!
What is unfortunate for the folks who have always lived in Utah is that they take the sun for granted. Around here (WA) we really appreciate the sun when it makes an appearance. We also save a bundle on energy costs in the summer, as we rarely have a need for any kind of cooling system!
Post a Comment