I guess I didn’t really realize how lucky I was growing up. My parents and both sets of grandparents all in the same town. Christmas day was an entire day of family and gifts and food.
But, having seen Jared’s family on Christmas Eve, and my parents not arriving until the day after Christmas, Christmas day was wonderfully quiet with just us and Aunt Denise.
I decided, that instead of opening up all the presents between 6:30 (I told the kids no earlier) and 6:34, we would spread them out.
It worked wonderfully. They each opened a present and then actually played with that thing for quite a while. We ate, played new video games, played, ate, opened presents, played, etc. all day.
I think this will be a new tradition.
All the big cool gifts were from Nona and Papa. Henry got a racetrack and Jack an aircraft carrier with metal planes. They LOVED their gifts.
Nora got a kitchen. She played and played and played with it.
I asked Jared if it was worth staying up until midnight assembling…wouldn’t you do anything for this girl?
2 comments:
Glad to know we weren't the only ones with difficulties assembling the play kitchen! It looks like you had a wonderful holiday!
I love having the kids open a present, play, open another one, play, etc. AWESOME! (And I just realized after reading your post how lucky we were to have bought an already-assembled kitchen off of our friends... we are definitely a family that is NOT mechanically gifted; whew!)
Post a Comment