Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's All About Perspective. Literally.

Sometimes dinner and a movie (opera, symphony, ballet - insert entertainment here) is so passé - especially in this economy.

So, as the vitamin deficient pirate says: When life gives you scurvy, make lemonade.

scurvy

Or maybe last night we had a bit too much of our own Kool-Aid. Either way, there are photos as evidence - not to mention a few really confused people at Barnes & Noble.

Barnes & Noble isn't really the best place to go SleeveFacing as there are no record sleeves in a book store. So we used the next best thing: magazines.

For the unaware and/or uninitiated, SleeveFacing is when you use a record sleeve's picture to create an illusion with your own body parts. It's all about perspective, really. Literally.

Without further ado, here is last night's future blackmail material:

IMG_3424

Pouty . . . with a floating wrist.


IMG_3423

I couldn't think of any gang signs to flash, so I went for the Napoleon look. Nice shades, eh?


IMG_3428

She's a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world.


IMG_3431

Wishful thinking, I know. But I love how James Joyce's floating head makes it all the more surreal. It's like an anti steroids ad: this could happen to you - extra head and all.


IMG_3435

Don't ever let your 3 year old help apply make up.


IMG_3437

That's my pin-up doll.

5 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great idea. Glad to see you're being constructive and creative with your time. :)

Teacher Mama said...

I have never heard of this category of adventuring. You two really have a good eye for it. I didn't recognize Jared with the beard at first...

annjeanette said...

You guys make me laugh!

Unknown said...

I love the winter beard look and of course our pin-up girl!

Nona & Papa

Robb and Kerryann said...

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in the middle of the old 911 center!