Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Book Review: Don't Buy Stuff You Cannot Afford

Remember a few weeks ago when El Presidente was on the boob tube - helping it live up to its name - asking us to turn out our pockets on behalf of Wall Street?

BushCaesar

Quoth George W. Antony:

"Friends, Amercans [sic], Countrymen: Lend me 700 billion dollars."

Straightaway, and in a fit of anger, did I write a 700 word novella on all things financial/greedy/corrupt/political, etc.

However, I did not fully give way to my Mr. Hyde.

Years of working in an office setting (not to mention being married) have taught me that when writing writing in anger, it is always wisest to NOT press SEND, but to come back the next day and thank yourself for not sending the angry message.

Coming back three weeks later, I have edited the lengthy post to the following summary:

I should have studied something else in college.

In conclusion, I will also include the video finale from the doomed therapy session / blog post. It's a clip about a fantastic new book I heard about:

Don't Buy Stuff You Cannot Afford

 

I should have been an editor.

4 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

I am so with you on this! Funny clip. I have a mental list of people who need that book. :)

Jessi said...

Steve Martin's "confused" face is priceless! I hope you have a copy of your pre-edited post. It may come in handy someday. I did notice one subtle, perhaps intentional, irony. If you should have been an editor, you studied the RIGHT thing in college. Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Rick and Ali said...

I need a copy of this book to give to my buddy Jair, he could really use it (or could have a couple of years ago).

Anniemay said...

Didn't I tell you a few months back you were in the wrong career? You are very talented at writing, especially opinion pieces. I think I even said you would make a good proffessor. I suppose you could always keep it in mind for a career change later in life.